Chicken in a Cinnamon-Tomato Sauce with Cauliflower Mash
This winter warmer gives you that comfort food feeling without leaving you feeling heavy and needing a post meal nap.
- 6 chicken thigh fillets
- 8 ripened tomatos, diced
- 1 cup GOOD BONES Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 heaped tsp of cinnamon
- 1 Leek
- 1 large cauliflower head, chopped into smaller florets
- Salt and pepper to taste
01. Add 1 tbsp of oil to a pan on medium heat and brown the chicken thighs on all sides until golden.
02. Add the diced tomatoes to the pan along with 1/2 cup of the GOOD BONES chicken broth, cinnamon a pinch of salt and pepper and cook on a light simmer uncovered for 40 minutes or until reduced and becomes a thick tomato and fragrant sauce.
03. While the tomato is cooking, in a separate saucepan add 1 tsp of oil and sautee the leek until it becomes a light golden colour. Don't over brown the leek or it will turn the cauliflower mash brown.
04. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of GOOD BONES Chicken Bone Broth and chopped cauliflower and cook with the lid on until the cauliflower becomes soft
05. Once the cauliflower is cooked through, add the leek, cauliflower plus a pinch of salt and pepper into a food processor or use a hand blender and blend until it forms a fluffy and creamy consistency.
06. Add a big spoonful of the mash to the centre of the plate and top with a piece of chicken and finish with some of the tomato cinnamon sauce. Enjoy!