Roasted Pumpkin Soup
This is a deliciously sweet and decadent pumpkin soup. Roasting the pumpkin first makes for a much richer and creamier soup. Pumpkin is high in beta-carotene, an antioxidant that is great for your immune system and glowing skin.
4 generous serves
- 1L GOOD BONES™ Organic Chicken Bone Broth (also delicious using beef)
- 1 400ml can coconut milk
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 small onions (or 2 large) peeled and cut in half
- 2 butternut pumpkins (approx 1kg each)
- 1 thumb sized knob of ginger, finely grated
- Coconut oil
- Chilli flakes, Salt & pepper
01. Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut the pumpkin in quarters and scoop out the seeds. Place the pumpkin, cut-side up, along with the onion and whole cloves of garlic on a baking tray. Drizzle with coconut oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 55–60 minutes or until the pumpkin is just soft and starting to brown.
02. In a big soup pot, heat your GOOD BONES™ Organic Chicken Bone Broth, Coconut milk and ginger. Scoop the pumpkin flesh out of its skin and into the pot and add the garlic and onion.
03. Blend with a stick blender or transfer to your blender in batches and pour the mixture back into your pot to warm through.
04. Add chilli flakes, salt and pepper to taste.