Creamy Mushroom & Thyme Soup (Dairy Free)
- 500g mushrooms, any type. I used a mix of field and oyster
- 1 large or 2 small brown onions, sliced
- 500ml bone broth or good quality stock
- 1 tbsp dried thyme or 2 tsp fresh
- 2 garlic gloves, crushed
- 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil or 1 of coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt & pepper
- Heat the oil in pan and sauté the onions until soft
- Add the garlic, thyme and mushrooms and sauté until soft and the onions have lightly browned. If you want, reserve a couple of the cooked mushrooms to decorate when serving.
- Pour in the the bone broth or stock and mix together, scraping up all the caramelised onion and juices from the base of the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Using a blender or food processor blend until it forms a creamy consistency
- Pour into a bowl and finish with one mushroom in the centre and a light drizzle of good quality extra virgin olive oil